Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, more commonly known as CS:GO, is the most popular of the big three esports (League of Legends and DOTA 2 being the other 2) here in Canada.
CS:GO was released in 2012, while the actual Counter-Strike video game series initially launched way back in 2000. This shows the game has tremendous staying power and I expect CSGO betting to continue to grow over the next several years.
On this page I will recommend our top rated betting site for CSGO betting, look at some of the different bets you can make on a CS:GO match, and finish up with a simple 3 step guide you can follow to get your CSGO bets placed online.
Best Betting Site for Canadians
|100% up to $200||Review||Visit|
Bodog.eu is our top rated betting site for Canadians looking to bet on CSGO online. Bodog goes above and beyond when it comes to esports, offering a huge variety of CS:GO betting options for each match.
CSGO Betting Options
The most popular bet on a CSGO match is simply betting on which team will get the win, but there are several other bets you can make on a CS:GO match including spread bets on maps won, over/under on total maps played, team to win pistol rounds, specific map winners, and many more.
Here’s an example of the to win (money line) odds for an ESEA Premier Season 36 match between Alternate Attax and Nexus Gaming:
In this example, Alternate Attax is a small favourite with odds of -130 to win. This means you would have to risk $130 to win $100 ($230 payout) betting on Alternate Attax. Nexus Gaming is a small underdog with a $100 bet on Nexus Gaming paying out even money ($100 to win $100) if they pulled off the minor upset.
Here are explanations of the other odds you see in the screenshot:
- Spread – This is a spread bet on maps won in the match. Alternate Attax would need to win the match 2-0 to cover the -1.5 map spread. Nexus Gaming just has to win 1 map for a +1.5 spread bet on them to payout.
- Total – This is a bet on whether the match will go to a deciding 3rd map or whether either team will win 2-0.
You can also bet on each specific map. Here’s a look at the odds for map 1 from the same match:
- Spread – In this case the spread is the amount of rounds won on the map. Alternate Attax is a -2.5 favourite, so they must win the map by a score of 16-13 or better. If Nexus Gaming wins 14 rounds then they would beat the spread.
- To Win – The money line odds are simply a bet on which team wins the map. In this example, Alternate Attax is a -125 favorite to win map 1.
- Over/Under – This is the total number of rounds map 1 will have. If you think there will be 27+ rounds bet the over, and if you think there will be 26 or fewer rounds bet the under.
Bodog.eu has 20+ bets you can make on each match.
Bet On Counter Strike From Canada – 3 Step Guide
Follow this simple 3 step guide to get your CSGO bets placed online from anywhere in Canada.
Step 1. Open a Bodog.eu Account
Click the above link, click the ‘Join Bodog’ button on the landing page, and fill out the sign up form to create your account.
Step 2. Deposit
Log into your Bodog account and click on ‘Deposit’. Choose the deposit method you want to use (Visa, MasterCard, Interac e-transfer, bitcoin) and follow the instructions to complete your deposit.
New sign ups can claim a bonus equal to your deposit amount (up to $200) in the “My Rewards” section of your Bodog account.
Step 3. Place Your CSGO Bets
- Click on ‘Sports’ in the top menu bar, open the ‘All Sports’ drop down menu and select ‘eSports’.
- Open the ‘All eSports’ drop down menu and select ‘Counter-Strike: Global Offensive’.
- Select the bet(s) you want to make to add them to your Bet Slip.
- Enter your risk amount on the Bet Slip and click ‘Place Bets’ to lock in your wagers.
Here’s a screenshot from last year showing you the clicks after you arrive at the eSports page:
Ready to bet? Click here to visit Bodog.eu.