Blackjack is the most popular table game at casinos in Canada, and the same is true among Canadian online gamblers.
On this page I will recommend our top rated betting site for Blackjack betting, provide a breakdown outlining how a blackjack hand is played including definitions of important terms, and finish with a simple three step guide you can follow to get started playing blackjack online for real money at our recommended betting site for Canadians.
Where To Bet Blackjack Online
|See Website For Details||Review||Visit|
SportsInteraction.com is our top rated online casino for Canadians interested in playing Blackjack online. Sports Interaction has the most player friendly and easy to use casino platform of our recommended betting sites.
Blackjack Rules – How To Play
The object of blackjack is to have your hands total get closer to 21 than the dealers hand, without going over.
How A Hand Is Played
The player is dealt two cards face-up, and the dealer is dealt two cards with one face up and one face down. The player acts first and makes decisions to hit (receive a card) until the player either decides to stand (not receive any more cards) or busts (cards total more than 21). If the player did not bust, the dealer then shows their face-down card and completes their turn by hitting on all totals lower than 17 (and usually on soft 17) and standing on 18, 19, 20 or 21. If the dealer busts or the dealer stands on an amount lower than the players total, the player wins.
Above I described in very basic terms how a hand is played. In reality there are several other potential decisions you can make, and the rules can vary slightly between games. Here are some blackjack terms with definitions to help you better understand the intricacies of the game.
- Split – If you receive the same amount on both cards when dealt your hand, you have the option to double your bet and split your hand, receiving another card for each hand. For example, if you received two 10’s you can split them into two hands and double your bet. **The split rules can vary depending on the game (especially whether or not you’re allowed to split aces).
- Surrender – If you surrender you fold your hand and only lose half of your bet. There are situations where surrendering makes sense depending on your hand and what the dealer is showing.
- Hit – Receive another card to add to your hands total.
- Stand – Do not receive any more cards and end your turn.
- Double – Double the bet of your two card hand and receive only one more card. It is generally good strategy to double when your two-card hand totals 11.
There is optimal strategy that can be used when playing Blackjack online to ensure the house edge is as low as possible. The optimal strategy depends on the rules of the game, your hand and the dealer’s card. I suggest keeping a window open with optimal strategy charts when playing blackjack online.
Bet On Blackjack in Canada – 3 Step Guide
Follow these three steps to start playing blackjack for real money online from anywhere in Canada.
Step 1. Join SportsInteraction.com
The first step is to open an account with an online betting site that offers blackjack games in their Casino section. SIA offers a wide variety of blackjack games (including several live tables) and has a quality, easy-to-use online casino.
Click the above link, select ‘Open Account’ on our landing page and complete the sign up form to open your account.
Step 2. Deposit
Log into your SIA account and select ‘Deposit’ in the top right corner. Choose your preferred deposit method, enter the amount, and complete the instructions for your deposit method of choice to complete your deposit.
SIA accepts deposits via Visa, MasterCard, Interac (recommended), EcoPayz, MuchBetter, and more.
Step 3. Play Blackjack
- Click ‘Casino’ from the top menu bar, and select ‘Blackjack’ in the Casino Games header.
- Select ‘Premium Blackjack’ for the classic single-hand version, or any of the other blackjack games to open a blackjack game.
- Place your bets and deal your cards. Play your hand (Hit/Stand/Double/Surrender/Split). *Refer to the ‘How To Play Blackjack’ section above for a detailed breakdown the mechanics of the game and how to play a hand.
Ready to bet? Click here to visit SportsInteraction.com.